Saturday, January 26, 2008

Venus de Milo as Spinster!


Venus de Milo as Spinster!
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
This was the final slide that Dr. Barber showed - her hypothesis is that the missing arms were holding a spindle.

You know, it was a great presentation. Dr. Barber showed many slides, and tailored her presentation to spinners. She had to fuss a bit with the slide projector... it was a change from the high-tech presentations I'm used to at the Colleges.

I'll write more about it tomorrow -- it was a wonderful day, quite nice weather until the clouds rolled in around 4pm. Lisa V and I went shopping for Japanese knitting magazines at Mitsuwa, and ate at the food court there.

I am in a bit of funk, though-- some careless words were said that I take exception to, and I need to work past it. Suffice it to say that I won't be volunteering to organize any more guild or other conference functions. And that's all I'm going to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home