Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Huatulco Saturday night


Rudy's Shop
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
"We won' rip you off a lot" - gotta love it. Doesn't mean I'm going to shop there tho.

But it does seem to come right out and say what everyone does in Huatulco. I finally realized that you could bargain vendors down, but not by much. And if you count your change, you realize that you didn't pay what you agreed to. Next time, I'm going to have the tour guide coach me on how to handle the situation when you don't get the right change.



Planter
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
In Huatulco, we stayed at Mision de Los Arcos (slow connections beware, it's flash-intensive) - I highly recommend it! This was right outside our room.



Steph at the door to our room
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster

Steph is going in to the room - I have to admit, I would have taken pictures of the room but we were pretty messy by this time! Plus, we were hanging damp dye samples all over... and there was beach sand...

On the fiber front - I got half a bobbin spun. I have to laugh - I did pretty well until I started surfing my Flickr album for pictures! First, I had to download the rest of the Oaxaca pictures, then I wanted to find a website for the hotel... it was a pretty bad case of "Oh, but first I ought to..."

2 Comments:

At 6:56 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I don't have anything in particular to say about each of your posts, but I'm enjoying your series quite a bit.

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! I'd have emailed you, but I didn't find your addy on your blog.. Nice crocus, btw!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home