Friday, January 25, 2008

Street vendor


Street vendor
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
There were lots of vendors selling little wooden dollhouses, and others that were selling mosses by the tubs full. This lady was selling both. I couldn't figure out what was going on. (see next picture)



Creches!
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
How cool are these? To have your Nativity Scene framed by fresh mosses, lichens and bromeliads? Can you guess how badly I wanted to bring some home with me?

There's a half of a bobbin's progress to report tonight. But tomorrow - wow. The Greater Los Angeles Area Spinning Guild is hosting a presentation by Dr. Elizabeth Barber, author of "Women's Work, the first 20,000 years" and "Mummies of Urumchi". I'll have lots to report!

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Wish I could go. Please take lots of pictures and have a good time!

I'll be looking forward to your recounting the event.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home