Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tempest is Done!

The Tempest is done! This is the result:




What's that nose under the coffee table, you ask? That's Braveheart Rex, in his safe place.




That's 2 1/2 pounds of yarn -- about 2200 yards. From a 5 pound fleece, a black corriedale lamb named Tempest. Wow, I have been rather obsessive-compulsive - I was sampling back on April 29!

As for Rex? What can I say- he's the biggest chicken Pyr there ever was.

What am I planning for the yarn? It's going to be the road trip project, a gansey for me. Like I mentioned on the research blog, we're going to cruise up in Puget Sound. We're chartering a boat (think Winnebago, not yacht!) and the Roketman's taking instruction for his pilot/captain's license.

What other knitting am I taking? I'm taking the navy cashmere that Erin brought me from Stitches West, for the Roketman, and enough sock yarn for about 4 pairs. Summer of Socks starts on Thursday June 21, about 4 days of vacation left. Do I really think I'm going to do a pair a day? No, I realize that's not going to happen, I'm not that delusional. Not for long, any way.
R

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM , Blogger Erin said...

A pair of socks a day, improving your watercolor painting and knitting two sweaters. Well if you can clean, card, diz and spin five pounds in almost a month, you might just get all of those projects done on your trip...

sure, right... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home