Monday, May 07, 2007

Make a note and pass it on...

This was in the GLASG newsletter:

“Living with Beauty: Hand Woven Textiles for the Home”

The Pikes Peak Weavers Guild in Colorado Springs, Colorado in conjunction with the Business of Art Center (BAC, http://www.thebac.org) of Manitou Springs, is sponsoring a juried exhibit of hand woven textiles for the home and extends an invitation for all weavers to participate. The BAC is a non-profit arts organization and is renowned for its exhibitions, educational opportunities, development of both artistic and business skills of artists, and for hosting theater, music, and conferences. $4000 in cash awards will be presented at the juror’s discretion.

Entries must be hand-woven for use in the home interior, be an original design, and be finished objects. Your entry must be postmarked by December 15, 2007 and your work will be exhibited in the Hagnauer Gallery from June 13 to July 26, 2008.

For more information about this exciting possibility and a prospectus, see The Pikes Peak Weaver’s Guild’s website at http://www.pikespeakweavers.org
(end)

OK, I'm seriously overbooking myself if I try for this. But- that's the way I do things, isn't it? I'll pretend that it helps me accomplish more, if I set my sights high. But is that really a way to set myself up for guilt for not being able to finish? Ah, the life script that Daddy taught me... even if I know what's going on, I still feel compelled to do it, and to beat myself up for the "failure"-- and it's always failure because it coulda-shoulda been better.

Stoppit, Ruth! (laughing at self here-- no, I'm not really beating myself up!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home