Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Oh, if only...

So, my friend and colleague Jez sends me this:

See below... is there such a thing? i dont think so, but figured i'd ask the expert. : )

I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a miniature machine that would do
what a spinning wheel does, also kind of automatic, for spinning pet hair into
yarn??
TIA

My reply:
ummm.... I'm not sure what she means. Is she asking for an automatic spinning wheel, as in, push a button and you've got yarn? Nope, doesn't exist.

A machine that makes yarn out of pet hair? Yeah, that's called a spinning wheel. Not automatic.

I'm having sinus-medicine-induced visions of a vacuum cleaner that sucks pet hair off the cat and spits yarn out the other end. I wish!!

Although, come to think of it... you can get felt by running clothes through the dryer and then cleaning the lint filter. Would that do?

(G, D&R)

Ruth

Jez's reply:
*lol* perfect! i've posted back to the group with your answer. i didnt think such a device existed, but wanted to check with the resident expert before posting back.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 PM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

And when I told Jez I was blogging all this, she wrote:

*LOL* that is soo cool, because I posted to CL referencing your site on why one would want a yarn winder (which is what prompted the question about spinning animal hair!)!!!! I linked to a few great pics showing a dye day and a bunch of unwound hanks, and told everyone about all the cool stuff
you do. : ) It was great, because a lot of people responded being very surprised to learn about yarn you dont buy at wal mart and were very impressed and curious to learn more.

Ha Ha! I am sooooo laughing!!!! too funny. : )

jez~

 
At 3:06 PM , Blogger Marcy said...

Didn't you see the Wallace and Gromit movie with Shaun the Sheep? :D

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

Wallace and Gromit? Love it. I want whatever sinus drugs HE takes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home