Monday, June 30, 2008

There may be a gravity fluctuation to blame

Reports are popping up all over, of strange falls with resulting physical injury... with speculation that gravity shifts are to blame. I don't know about that, but it's an interesting line of thought.

There isn't anything new to say, except that our doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning. Another day in the boat, at least, but we're back at the dock in Anacortes. (I fell while we were in Friday Harbor. At least it was a scenic fall, right?)

I have to brag about my Roketman. Saturday, we went through Deception Pass. Remember the chart I posted about our route? Turned out the trip was a piece of cake!

The weather was great, and the water flat. Not quite as smooth as glass, but the only waves were from the go-fast boats fueled by diesel and testosterone.


Follow the leader
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
I'm showing the stream of boats coming out of Anacortes Marina on Saturday morning. There's a channel about 100 feet wide that's been dredged, and it makes a few turns in order to get past Cap Sante. See that boat in the middle? He's about to turn to starboard past that buoy and follow the boat to the extreme right.


I'll post more pictures from Saturday... especially the ones from Deception Pass. I figured I'd be white-knuckled, but it was a blast!

in the mean time, this is the wheelchair the Roketman wants to get for me - the iBot. It goes up stairs. Love it!! I'm surprised he hasn't found one with jets yet.

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool wheelchair and you can play basketball in it too ;)

- Denise

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home