Friday, June 20, 2008

Another idea, wherein...

You know, sometimes I get the beginnings of a great idea, and I can see where I want to go, but it's like that commercial for the new movie Hancock. You know the one I mean... Will Smith is Superman, but like he grew up in the worst 'hoods of Metropolis instead of Smallville. He's standing in front of a speeding locomotive, and the locomotive shreds into flying shrapnel.

Only for me, it's like my locomotive of an idea runs into the giant Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man out of Ghostbusters. A nicer version than the Ghostbusters one. The locomotive just smooshes into the marshmallow and sits there wondering how it got there in the first place.

(and once again, I show my talent for mangling metaphors way past rhyme and reason.)

I want to do a version of this sweater by Norah Gaughan. Available from Woodlands Woolworks. I oughta just order the thing and use the directions verbatim, but I have a hunch I'll have to size it up and retool for my yarn and gauge. I almost have the thing figured out, and then I run into the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home