Wednesday, January 30, 2008

brainstorm!

You know that wool/silk that I was spinning last night? I'm on the Reference Desk, and in between questions I've been browsing Ravelry for ideas for it.

Now, you'll need to forgive me, but you'll have to be logged in to Rav to get access to the next few links... I was browsing through the links for projects in Zephyr and happened across this project for Sugarspun's Hanami... wait- I have that in my queue!! Here's the link to the original webpage by Pink Lemon Twist...

Now, wouldn't this look luscious in a gradation from pink to blue? ooooo...

(later tonight - rethinking the choice of fiber)

Well... maybe I won't use the wool/silk laps. This stuff is full of dust. If I work too much more with it, I'm going to make myself sick. I might try to wash a bit of it, but it will probably felt too easily.

But I have a Plan B. Why not use 100% tussah silk? But of course!

Here's tonight's pretty picture:


Stairway to...
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
Stairway to heaven...
... more books! It was a very cool way to extend the bookshelves up to a very tall ceiling. This is a different bookstore than last night, sorry I don't have the name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home