Thursday, August 09, 2007

Stress coping mechanism, numbers 2 and 3

Retail therapy! wheee....

Erin and I went shopping today, as she was doing a whirlwind visit. Ahh, it was great. I came home around noon, took Amber to her MCATs, and had a quick sushi lunch at Masumi. And then - to Market World! If you come to the Diamond Bar/Walnut/Industry area of Los Angeles, I'll happily go with you. It's a large supermarket, with some little shops tucked around the edges.

Oops, gotta backtrack just a little. My colleague Alex, a newly hired librarian, told me about her Wall of Food. It sounds more like Wall of Weird Food! but I knew exactly what she meant. So, in return for taking my reference hours this afternoon, so I could go shopping with Erin, I promised to look for weirdness. (ok, other than in the mirror!)

From Market World, we went to Ten Ren Tea, where we had Teazers. Oh yum... they plied us with samples, and we complied by succumbing to the temptation of various goodies like tea cookies, sweets and tea.

And then, on to Marukai. Oh, my favorite place to browse! and buy...

This is the weirdest:




The english label on the shelf said "Etiquette One." Puzzled? So was I, until I turned the package over and looked at the illustrations. Do I still need to explain what One refers to? Or the etiquette to which they're referring?




OK, until you see the words "Ion Supply Drink," you might not realize the contents are to replace the sweat.





Now, I realize this is not readily apparent at all. But it's too cool for words- glow in the dark origami paper!

And what's stress coping mechanism number 3? Getting a letter from your Doctor in record time, that says my CA-125 levels are normal! wheee! My level is 8, where less than 21 is what you want. Yayyyy!

I'm not done with the doctors or the medical whack-a-mole, though. I still need to go to the GYN for a decision on the ovarian cyst. Somebody told me a cyst is no big deal, it's like a pimple. I can't help it, the first thought was OMG, what if I had a 2-inch pimple on my nose?!

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger Corbie said...

Congrats on the good news!

Cysts: If it's a two-inch cyst, they should be able to take it out laparoscopically, which means some, but not too much, recovery time.

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

we have not bought any glow in the dark paper yet.We have seen it though. We love japanese grocery stores too, and trying new things.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home