Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's Gonna Be OK!

Oof.

Finally tracked down the radiologist's report, got it sent, and got the results. Apparently, the jagged black spot was just a calcification. I've also got a 4mm cyst, which is no big deal.

The emotions are still resounding and echoing -- I feel like one of those Looney Tunes characters where they have a bucket or barrel over their head and Bugs Bunny plays it like a marimba. (could you pick a more apt metaphor? didn't think so.)

Relief. Wow, lotsa relief. Yet, I've got a lot of other emotions bouncing around too - like disappointment that I don't have something they can easily remove which will solve all my aches and pains. (yeah, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.)

And I'm also a bit embarrassed that I was so stressed about nothing. I mean, hey, I've only had 5 fibroadenomas removed (cue the Frankenboobs reference again), why couldn't I tell this was nothing to worry about?

And what if I cry wolf enough times that I don't have any support when I really need it? ah, memories of HRH, His Royal Hiebert, the emperor without a clue...

AhHAH! This is the part of the self-reflection where I start beating myself up for beating myself up. That's when I really know I'm gonna be ok, and can relax and laugh hysterically!

Thanks, dear friends. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

5 Comments:

At 6:51 PM , Blogger Erin said...

So clearly the sharp pointies work. Here's hoping they keep working!

Conga-rats on the wonderful news Ruthie.

 
At 3:34 AM , Blogger Marcy said...

Oh, yay, Ruthie! Excellent news.

 
At 5:33 AM , Blogger Corbie said...

Glad to hear it! Now go have some celebratory chocolate and stop beating yourself up :)

 
At 5:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

YAY!!!! Rock on Frankenboobs!

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Theresa, Children's Librarian said...

Fantastic news!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home