Thursday, July 26, 2007

New IK is announced!

OK, so it's not actually out yet, but the Interweave Knits Fall '07 issue has been announced on Knit Daily. I'm really liking quite a few of these patterns, especially the one on the cover.

And I thought I'd share a little tool I use to see if a pattern might look good on an ample like me. I copy/paste the picture into Word or Excel, then grab the side margin and stretch it. Here's a screenshot:


See what I mean? The cover sweater still looks ok when stretched, even in the back view. (Way to go, IK!) The shorty cardigan, not so much good for amples. But I have to admit that the orangey pullover doesn't look as bad as I thought... probably because her tummy doesn't protrude as much as mine in that same pose!

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM , Blogger Marcy said...

You are very funny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home