Friday, August 24, 2007

Shards of my ego?

Cecilia and I were emailing back and forth about how terrific Judith McKenzie's class was. She dubbed it "Mother McKenzie's Spinning Religion Epiphany Retreat." Wish I'd saved the rest of the emails, but the horse was quite dead by the time we were done with it... I could name this yarn all sorts of fancy stuff, but I think Shards is quite elegant and simple and can mean whatever you want it to. Plus, it has a nice story to it, too.


Shards, pre-wash
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster



This is the Shards yarn before I applied Judith's "yarn abuse" -- alternating hot and cold baths, with plenty of vigorous agitation. It ends with being whapped against a chair a few times. I kid you not.





Shards, washed.
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster



This is after being blocked. Judith deserves to do the "I told you so dance," it works so well.





Omen, what the heck are you doing?
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster


Omen? What can I say. He's a very strange cat. Ginger is very concerned, but Rex just tries to ignore it.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 AM , Blogger Marcy said...

Hah! My Gracie would do that with Oley if she could. But he thinks it undignified and will not let her cuddle with him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home