Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spinning again

Yesterday was the pits, work stress, medical stress (had to reschedule the GYN appointment-- suffice it to say that Auntie Flo is behaving like Auntie Niagara, hope that's not TMI!)... all in all, the frame of mind to start something new.

So I started spinning on the Shards batt! This is Judith's term for all the bits and pieces left on the floor at the end of class. Cecilia took the white bits, I took the colored. I put just a bit of grey on the carder first- here's what we got.


Shards, view 1
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster















Shards, verso
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster


The blander side was from the grey I put on the carder first.











Shards in a Jelly Roll
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster

Then, I just rolled it up side-to-side like a jellyroll, so I could spin from the end. By drafting from the end of the jellyroll batt, I can somewhat control how long a color run goes.




Here's the shot of the bobbin-in-progress:



Shards being spun.

Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster







Omen gets a good view
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster


OK, this really needs explanation!! My ex-husband, who I have named His Royal Hiebert, found a black cat under a dumpster on a Friday afternoon. He thought it was a good omen, therefore the cat's name. (by the way, I ended up with the cat, so draw your own conclusions.)

Omen is loud and obnoxious, but he seems to like being held upside down. Sometimes he gets more than he bargained for.





Other times, he just likes to hang out. Please note the ears, and the back legs - he really does like this!

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM , Blogger mehitabel said...

OK, I'm going to need to see how that yarn comes out--it certainly has had an interesting start! And Omen is a lucky, and apparently quite happy, cat. Glad you ended up with him!
I really should have gone to the Fiber Fest, but it was too hot and I was too achy to drive that "far." I am, however, thinking of going to the Oregon FFF.

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I've even seen the upside down Omen in person and will attest to everything Ruth says about Omen. He is loud. He can be obnoxious and he really does like being held with his head below his butt.

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

OK, Mehitabel- Santa Monica is too far from Pasadena, but Oregon isn't? LOL but I know what you mean. It woulda been cooler at the beach, but I've BTDT with the achiness.

We love Omen to pieces, but it's that weird sort of relationship where being obnoxious to each other is a form of affection. Believe me, it's a two-way street!

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Windyridge said...

Very pretty roving!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home