Saturday, June 07, 2008

Goals for today...

OK, since I have this whole day to myself (such luxury- I'm not used to that!), I want to write down my goals and have them stare at me all day from the computer screen. Putting them here, instead of on the whiteboard, means I need to report my progress, and be accountable.

Goals:

  • Goal: Spin the cotton! I've determined that a good skein on the SpinTech is 40 punis. I haven't been counting the yardage, on purpose, but I estimate that I get at least 200 yards per skein.
  • update: finished the current skein, resisting doing a total count of everything done so far, but this skein is 228 yards. I think I'll try to find a more comfortable spinning arrangement. Right now I spin sitting upright in the recliner, and I can't go for more than 3-4 punis.

  • Goal: Finish weaving the first sample.
  • Sub-goal: Take pictures of the weaving!! I have a lot of insecurities about it, probably natural, but I'm also having a resurgence of the PMS-y anxieties that were a sign of the ovarian cyst last year. (sigh- hope I don't have to worry about another surgery.)
  • update: here's the pictures!

    Weaving
    Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
    This is the backstrap loom, and my weaving. If you look really carefully, you can see my slippers... I have the other end attached to a tray table, and I tension it with a foot. I've invented recliner backstrap weaving.



    Weaving
    Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
    Here, you can see that the weaving's a bit uneven. However, the yarn has been sized and woven very loosely, so it should be amazing once washed!

    The cat. Need I say more? The weaving survived intact.

  • Knit the saddle shoulder straps for the RocketGanseyDottir. They've been OTN (on the needles) for almost a week, but it's slow going. It's been almost a week. I went down to size 6 needles for stability, because a sweater my size tends to be pretty heavy. The density of the knitting tends to be hard on my hands, though.
  • Take pictures. update: done!
  • Post the pictures. Here you go-



  • Goal: Prepare the warp sticks for a couple more backstrap looms.
  • update: marked the warp sticks for one more... realize I need to size and wind the warps before binding the warp to the sticks.

Enough. I'm going to resist the urge to list all the unreasonable things, like organizing the Fiber Euphorium (the Roketman thought up that name for the room where I shove all the fiber stuff).

I'll come back and edit this post through the day, so check back. I promise that I'll only add stuff, not delete!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home