Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cotton yarn


Cotton yarn
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
I confess - I'm going for an artistic shot here. This is three skeins of handspun cotton, the stuff from the back yard, spun on my electric spinning wheel, the SpinTech.



Cotton yarn
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
Here's a bit more realistic shot. The knitting needle? A size 3 dpn.


I'm purposely not measuring and getting all OCD about grist or yards per pound/ypp. I will try to sample, but I don't want to get too involved in the numbers to see what's going on.

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM , Blogger nck said...

Love the cotton. How do you like your electric spinner? Can't believe there is a wheel I don't have. :)

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

I LOVE the SpinTech!! It spins cotton like a hot knife through warm butter.

If I want to spin bulky wool, though, I get out the Lendrum.

Did I mention the Roketman hooked me up with a battery for the SpinTech so I'm not running off an outlet? I love that man!

 
At 11:04 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous!

 
At 9:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the prettiest cotton yarn I have ever seen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home