Friday, May 30, 2008

Madder and Indigo Plants!


Madder, 5-30-08
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
I promised these pictures, and here they are! Interestingly enough, the madder seems to be growing best when it's out of the sun. See the part to the right? It's actually creeping onto the patio table. I just cropped that part out so you couldn't see all the clutter. The plants in front are much shorter, but seem to be just as happy. I ought to search and see if these plants mind being trimmed back. The leaves and stems are quite obnoxious, all sticker-y, like nettles withouth the sting.



Indigo, 5/30/08
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
The indigo is in a smaller pot. I may start another pot, because I've been looking at this page and this page on dyeing with fresh Japanese indigo leaves.

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM , Blogger nck said...

Oh, this is going to make me raid my friend's garden where she has tons of indigo growning because it is a pretty plant. She did say I could have some..... :)

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

Tons of indigo? Oh, you lucky person!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home