Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pick a little cotton


Pick a little cotton
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
This is two years' worth of cotton from three trees (Gossypium arboreum). I think I'm about a third of the way through processing it all...



Cotton closeup
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
A closeup of the cotton... Click through to Flickr and the tag for cotton to see pictures of the trees.


I just spent 45 minutes on the treadmill, so that's all for tonight. I did have the barest notion of a conclusion to this morning's post, but it's gone.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole cotton and tree thing is so alien to me. I've really enjoyed your description and depth on your process. Yay! To you for using your treadmill. I did an hour this morning for the first time in weeks. Maybe we'll get healthier together?

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

Maybe... I do keep a log, just to keep myself going. Healthy? Prob'ly not. But I'll settle for healthier.

 
At 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is soooo neat! I've been trying to grow my own cotton the past couple years, but I only got a small handful of brown cotton last year. I'm hoping for a better year this year. I'm trying it in pots this time. Loved your photos, by the way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home