Sunday, April 06, 2008

S is for Spinning Stardust

I solved the neppy Stardust problem - I take the combed staples, draft them into cobwebby rovings, as worsted-straight as I can, and then put them on the drumcarder. Cranking slowly... When I've got about 10 grams on the carder, I diz it off with the smallest-hole diz I've got, about 1/16".

And oh, it spins like a dream! Will it be worth it, you ask? I think so! I got about an ounce spun this evening. (which is why I only got about an inch knit on the RocketGanseyDottir!)


An allee in the alley
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
Here's tonight's pretty picture. I was eating lunch at 42nd St. Bagel in Claremont, just staring out the window, and then realized - hey, those trees are espaliered! It's hard to see how big these trees really are -- they have bike stands at their bases.

So, I dubbed this "The allee in the alley."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home