Tuesday, April 01, 2008

E is for empty

It's the first day of the month I'm supposed to blog every day, and I don't really have anything interesting to say.

I want to show you the Shetland Museum and Archives. If you're interested in Scottish ganseys at all, go look and do a search for "knitting".

If I were a less scrupulous-about-copyright person, I'd steal and post this picture of a knitted lace veil.

Fiber progress? I knitted about an inch on the RocketGansey-dottir.

A bit of serendipity today -- I attended a lunch program on one of the digital collections at the Claremont colleges, fashion plates from late 18th century France. hmmm... I don't find a link, I guess it's not ready for prime time.

I couldn't help thinking that I was doing pretty much the same thing, only my fashion research was knitted sweaters/ganseys from fishing villages in Scotland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home