Wednesday, April 09, 2008

If I only had a brain...

For years, I've said that my theme song is "If I only had a brain..." You know the song, from the Wizard of Oz. (kinda appropriate, what with being from Kansas and all)

I mentioned last night that I couldn't find a size 6 circular, so at 5pm I'm thinking I'll run by the LYS, Phebie's Needlearts in Claremont. I phone her, and bless her heart, she says to hurry on down! (she usually closes at 5...)

I blaze in at 5:10, whereupon she says it's ok to look around a bit (she knows her customers!) I pick up a Noni purse pattern, the Adventurer, a hobo-style bag. (sorry, it's not on the website for some reason.) I also picked up the Debbie Bliss Luxury Collection, because I like the Alex cardigan. Now that I look at it, I see that I'll have to totally rewrite it for my own dimensions, because the largest size is for a 40 inch bust. Oh well, it's for inspiration, right?

So I pay for my haul, and scurry out of the shop so as not to be obnoxious. Before I get to the freeway, I realize I LEFT MY FREAKING KNITTING AT THE YARN STORE! AARRGH!!

So I'll just try to focus on carding and spinning some more Stardust tonight.

I swear, if I had a brain, I'd take it out and forget where I put it.

4 Comments:

At 7:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ruth - I didn't see an email link anywhere. Stoopid blogger comments don't let me see your email anywhere. feh. It looked to me when I had that particular photo in my hot little hand, she was crocheting or tatting. She and the older woman were the actual "family" part, on my dad's side, of that photo. I think someone said at some point the woman sitting on the far left was a cousin or something. Isn't it great what you can find in an old box?!

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

hey, marta - if you don't blow your horn, I will! Here's the link to see this picture: http://www.martaschmarta.com/

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Unionpearl said...

Ruth--
Thanks for the link to the Shetland Museum & Archives Photo Library (on "G is for Gansey"). Your Stardust looks awesome--how fantastic that you have actually spun the yarn, too! Amazing that you've been blogging since 2002.
Best,
Susette
(I'm a librarian, too--funny how we find one another)

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

I'll make it easy to find Susette's blog - Knitting Letters. She's got some astounding knitting there! Not only the knitting, but a pretty good bibliography on each entry too. (makes a librarian proud...)

And here's the link to the Shetland Photo Archives.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home