Saturday, February 23, 2008

Old Man Losey Had Some Cows


Cow
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
This is one of Jim and Bob's cows. Looking at this picture now, I'm going to call this one "Secret Agent 727" -- it has a number for a name.

Jim loved his cows. I'm not sure how many head he ran, Mom says it's not polite to ask. Sorta like asking how much somebody makes for a living. Bob (Jim's son, my cousin) tells the story of how Jim took the cows along on his honeymoon... but that was many, many moooooo-ons ago. (pun intended, all mine, don't yell at Bob.)

Actually, it was time to take the cattle to market, so they went along on the honeymoon but didn't come back with them.

Fiber progress: I finished spinning one bobbin of the Prudence fleece, and my goal is to finish the other two bobbins this weekend. (knocking on wood here)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home