Friday, February 22, 2008

Kickin' back, surfin' the net

This is only the second day that I haven't felt out-of-body due to cold medicines (believe me, that's better than bronchitis and pneumonia!). I'm just kicking back, doing a couple loads of laundry, and surfing through the net for inspiration.

I started out by surfing Flickr for keywords like japanese, sewing and zakka (it means small handmade items). I found Kumi's set on handmade/tezukuri and from there surfed to the Moonstitches blog. Go see her page on sewing and fabrics - isn't that gorgeous eye candy?


The Church and its Bell
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
I'll end tonight's entry by showing you the emblemmatic picture of last week's trip to Kansas. This is the Gove Bible Church, where Jim and Thelma Losey worshipped their Lord. See the bell in front, to the right? Mom commissioned that bell from the Fort Hays Kansas University Art Department, and had it forged to honor her brother. It has his name and the name of the church on it. They were very proud to have it mounted in time to ring for the funeral services.

Me? I'm proud to have Jim as my uncle, and I'm proud of where I come from. I'm also proud to continue his tradition of "paying it forward," like in the movie. Harry, if you're out there, I am as you said, a boddhissatva.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home