Sunday, November 18, 2007

Shards - ready to knit


Shards - ready to knit
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
I thought it was fitting to use the new Grafton needles with the Shards yarn. Sorry for the flashback, but it gives the needles the kind of halo they deserve, don't you think? I also got a new bag for the socks-in-progress. It's a cosmetics bag - I'm partial to having my kitting in clear plastic, sort of a counter to the "out of sight, out of mind" phenomenon.

We're going to Omaha this week - did I mention we're test-driving a rest home? More on that later.


This is later...

We had to put Eleanor, my MIL, into assisted living. Sad, but she's still feisty. She broke a wheel on the walker this week, and the story is that she was drag racing in the halls.

The truth of the situation is that she had a small stroke, and it really affected her balance. Plus, it affected that part of her brain that says "If I have bad balance, I shouldn't climb on the bed to straighten the curtains." That's how she broke her leg, which put her into the walker (it's the kind that can double as a wheelchair of sorts).

Eleanor's in Omaha, where Connie and Marilyn live. (those are two of Mike's sisters.)There isn't much health care in Quartzsite, Arizona, and in-home care is non-existent. When Dale sells the house in Q, he'll go to Omaha too.

I thought it would be a good idea to take Dale to Omaha for Thanksgiving, so we're leaving tomorrow (Monday) and coming back Friday. We saved $300 per ticket by avoiding weekends!

So why are the Roketman and I staying in the rest home too? Because they reserve a couple of rooms for relatives for the holidays... so I joke that we're test-driving the rest home.

I intend to take the Spin-Tech and LOTS of knitting.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Bless your hearts for staying with the mil! Good luck with the test drive, which is quite hysterical.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home