Thursday, October 25, 2007

Awww, you gize....

This afternoon, Cecilia came over to just sit with me. OK, we spun, and knitted, and hooted at the shenanigans on the Style channel, and I had her go out with me to harvest all the cotton bolls that have been popping in the single-digit humidity... I told her I needed somebody to fish me out of the pool if I fell in, whereupon she commandeered the clippers and harvested them for me. Geez, some people.

And then I got calls from the inlaws - we're going to Omaha for Thanksgiving, and there's a gazillion things to nail down for that. That was another two hours on the phone.

And then Deb P calls up to nag me about the blog, because, well, because. And I realized that I had posted right away on Sheep Thrills and on Ravelry, but not here. And because I'm tired (picture the hand fluttering dramatically to the brow), I'll just copy-paste it here.

(begin paste)
I'm home!
... and as big a goofball as ever.

Either they gave me very good drugs, or the hormonal fog has lifted because they took the cyst. I feel a whole lot less foggy than I did yesterday. I never did talk to the doctor, but Mike did. The doc gave him pictures of the cyst, with a pic of the healthy ovary for contrast. God save me from the impulse to share those pix......

or would God be saving you from the impuse to actually look? LOL

I have a bit of a sore throat, probably from the breathing tube. I also have an incision above the ovary, another in the navel, and a third just above the hairline. A Frankenbelly to go with the Frankenboobs.

(end paste)

I took out the too-outrageous I-musta-been-0n-drugs bit about my reaction to realizing they'd given me a bikini trim. Whoa. What's that all about? It must have been a contingency for more major cutting, is all I can think.

This week has mainly been knitting, with a bit of spinning. And a bit of cleaning house, mainly consisting of laundry.

And Cecilia has given me strict instructions not to overdo. Moi??

5 Comments:

At 8:58 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Hey, I'd like to see the pictures. But then I'm weird (yes!) and like that kind of stuff. Now that the drugs have worn off, how are you feeling? Here's for a speedy recovery.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Erin said...

They are just really fond of their razors I think.

That or they need to glue crap to you during the procedure. The last time I went under, they forgot one of their little sensors and I spent half an hour having an allergic reaction to the glue before they figured out why the drugs weren't stopping it all and got the stupid thing off.

Good thing it wasn't anaphylactic shock eh?

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

Geeezzz! I hope you report that allergy from now on-- yikes!

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

Well... I'm gonna have to think about how to post the pictures without broadcasting them to the whole world. You're not the first one to ask! LOL

 
At 11:48 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad things turned out ok and you're taking care of yourself in every way. I'm sure a lot of your success around this is due to your incredible attitude. You probably don't know what a great example you set. I'm a total medical geek - I'd love to see pix. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home