Thursday, October 04, 2007

Who's been munching on my cotton??

I went out to the back yard, and collected a goodly amount of cotton tonight. I thought that the cotton on the ground had just fallen from a boll that was too high - there are quite a few like that this year.


Long Shot
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster

Except - the seeds were showing. And they had teeth marks.

And there was slobber around the seeds. Which means the slobber was fresh. Not a nocturnal varmint. And not enough slobber to indicate a canine culprit.


Who's been munching on my cotton??
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster

Do mice or rats slobber?

First the CSI, then the hit man.

You know, there was this Humane Mouse Trap that I posted to Sheep Thrills... (amid much hilarity because I typo'd Human Mouse Trap.)

'cept I couldn't bait a trap like that with anything that either Big White Dog might want to eat. I can't use a trap with anything that might hurt the BWDs either.

hmmm. What would a cottonseed-chomping-varmit-crimefighting superhero do?

I'll let you know when I figure it out. I got a trip to get ready for.

3 Comments:

At 2:49 PM , Blogger Windyridge said...

Uhoh. Looking forward to hearing how you handle this wooly crisis!

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

Wooly? but this is cotton!! (you knew I had to get picky, didn't you?)
Ruth

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Rebecca Q Yankes said...

yeah, keep us posted on this!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home