Thursday, July 03, 2008

oh, pooh.

Well, I was over-ruled on the Queen of the Boat thing. I may still get the tiara, but the boat trip's over. If I could put any weight on the leg I had surgery on, it'd be a different story. But of course, I hurt the *good* leg, and now I don't have a leg to stand on. (groan...)

By way of explanation, I had a back operation back in 1981, and still have neuropathy in the left leg. The nerves just aren't there, neither is the balance.

So, we found a wheelchair in a local pharmacy, and they're renting it to us for $25 for the duration of the trip. Mike loves it because it's like a Transformer, you flip a few switches and the leg supports come all the way off.

The wheelchair won't fit in the boat, so no boat trip.

We're in a hotel room, the one reserved for the handicapped. It's a good idea, actually. The toilet is accessible, the bed's just a hop and a skip away (but I still have to use the wheelchair). A tv, the remote, my knitting, the spindle, I've got it made.

Yeah, right.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM , Blogger Janice in GA said...

Aw man. So sorry you're laid up for vacation. :(

 
At 9:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Ruthie, I'm so sorry! I know that you & your dh have been looking forward to this trip. I hope that you'll get to do it in the future AND that you injury heals quickly & well.
- Denise (L.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home