Sunday, July 06, 2008

Who is this graceful woman?


Who is this graceful woman?
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
(notice the blue sign)



When you know a man loves you
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
How do you know a man loves you? When you say "Honey, do you think this would fit me?" and this is what he does.


The stitches in the lips are finally gone, but not all the feeling has
come back. (the stitches were on the inside, thank god! but owww...) I feel much better about going out in public...

The Roketman did a yeoman's job today. We went to Butchart Gardens in Victoria, BC (Vancouver Island) -- it is handicapped-accessible, but with lots of hills. Poor guy.

I have to admit that Butchart Gardens puts the Huntington to shame. (I feel pretty disloyal writing this, because the Huntington is local to me!) It's as if the H is a collector's garden, but the Butchart is an artist's garden. I got lots of pictures, stay tuned.

After Butchart, we drove around the bay (missed the ferry by THIS MUCH!! (car car car US.) According to RM, it would take as long to drive as to wait for the next ferry.

In actuality, it took longer to drive, but the view was much, much better. I really had no concept, no real perspective of how big this island is, or how mountainous.

Next year, forget the San Juans. We're coming over to Vancouver Island. There are inland waterways that are just breathtaking.

I'm running out of superlatives. No, Really.

5 Comments:

At 4:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many incredible gardens and natural wonders in BC -
fab that you got to see Butchart in spite of your latest...uhh... adventure in alternative mobility. Can't wait to see more photos!
-Lorinda

 
At 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ruthie, I'm so glad you made it to Butchart Gardens. I love the place. All the themed gardens are just wonderful. It's like walking in a painting!

Did you have your tea? I fondly remember having scones (a lot, we had them everywhere!) with clotted cream & jam - WOW!

Maybe we should have a girls/knitting trip to Victoria, that would be so much fun!

- Denise

p.s. Your photo just makes me want to shout OUCH!

 
At 5:28 PM , Blogger beadlizard said...

I'm glad you're still getting out and about. Is he piling all his purchases on top of you in the wheelchair? Will continue waving the dpns for rapid healing of the heel. --syl

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm busy catching up all over the place - I still haven't found the info about how it happened but don't trouble yourself to repeat it. I'm sure I'll find it soon and it probably isn't something you want to keep going over and over ;-)

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've only been to Vancouver Island once and loved it. We didn't make plans to stay more than the day, though so missed out on a lot. Regardless, Victoria was beautiful and fun. I'm dying to get back (oooh...maybe a thriller-fiber boondoggle some day?)and see more, including Buchart Gardens. I want to see if the little pub I found is still there - they had the most delicious oyster sandwich!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home