Saturday, February 02, 2008

Spanish moss


Spanish moss
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
This is the spanish moss that grows in the area -- it's much finer than what grows in the southern US. It gives a nice yellow brown that turns a spectacular green when overdyed with indigo. To see more detail, click on the photo and click on the Flickr "All sizes" link.



Landscape
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
This is the view from where we got the spanish moss, looking down toward Teotitlan. It was so spectacular -- but we were going even higher!



More landscape
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster
Another landscape shot - can you see that road snaking up the mountain? Yup, that's where we're headed.

Fiber progress today was pretty impressive, yet rather disheartening. I've plied up all but a small bit of the Prudence singles, and I've got a lot less yardage than I estimated. Like ~900 yards instead of the 1200 I was hoping for. I was ready to be done spinning on that, but I guess not!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home