Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Milking Snails...

I got an amusing IM from my BIL Pat today...

Pat: Exactly how do you milk snails??
Me: Well, you sneak up behind them
Me: really quiet-like
Me: and then you yell BOOO!
Me: and when you scare them they lose their ink.

(for some reason, I didn't get any response to that.)

I think the reason he asked is in response to an email that the Roketman sent out-- we're going back to Omaha for Poor Little Dale's 80th birthday on New Year's Eve. This time, we're driving because we couldn't get airline tickets for the dates we want. It gives us an excuse to take the puppies, which we love, and to drive our new car. Yup. We bought the Cadillac SRX. Whooda thunk.

So anyway, the biggest news is that Stephenie Gaustad and I are going to Oaxaca on Friday!! I love the Traditions Mexico tours. We get to do a side trip (a Mexican puddle-jumper airplane, how adventurous is that??) to the beach to hunt Murex snails. That's the whole reference to milking snails that Pat's talking about.

Seriously, I feel so very lucky in my life. It is so cool to be able to travel with someone who has the same interests and craziness that I do.

I ask you - who better to milk snails with than Stephenie Gaustad?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:19 AM , Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Well, I dunno about red and purple, but I've just gone green!

Lots of pics, please, and hope you both have a good time.

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Theresa, Children's Librarian said...

Lucky you. Oaxaca is one of my most favorite places on the planet!

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Ruth S. said...

hmmm. Carol, went to visit your blog thinking you were talking about dyeing. You write of having a cold, not sure I want to think about that kind of green! Do feel better, lots of chicken soup, ok? Or veggie soup, but definitely hot liquids with lots of onions and garlic.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home