Saturday, December 15, 2007

Title here

(giggle) This is going to be another sinus/cold medicine post. Tuesday afternoon I got the sniffles, and Wednesday morning it was a sore throat. I put myself in quarantine - no way I wanted to bring any exotic Mexican infection into the Libraries! but it was just a common cold. I was back to work on Friday afternoon. I missed Thursday's departmental Holiday Party, too bad.

The pictures are loading slowly into Flickr. Here's a good one:



It glows!
Originally uploaded by OriginalTwistedSpinster



This is Demetrio's cochineal pot - he just keeps adding to it. Our pots were separate, because we were playing with pH, but then he dumped the leftovers in this bigger pot. Cochineal's expensive, and it pays to keep unexhausted dye.

I love the way the sunlight makes this pot just seem to glow! Those are limes floating, with a board over the pot for more horizontal workspace, and the yarn has been dyed with oak galls.

Flickr seems to be overloaded - I can't load more than a megabyte or two without something going "BONK! your file didn't load. Try again?"

I can't believe that Christmas is so close! A week from now, we're doing a road trip to Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa, to see Mom for Christmas and to do PLD's 80th birthday party on New Year's. With the puppies in tow. In the new Cadillac. (geeesh, a Caddy? yup.)

That's all the sorely-overtaxed brain function has for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home