Wednesday, May 29, 2002

Tonight I'm having the usual frustration about *GETTING STUFF DONE*. Too much to do, and too many roadblocks, makes for many false starts and lots of UFOs. (UnFinished Objects)

Enough whining. Tonight's goals are: cut fabric for the buckwheat pillow, post more to the blogger about CC2002, and vacuuming.

I've decided to throw a Dye Day on 6/8/02 to share techniques with friends in the SoCal area. Let me know if you're in the Diamond Bar Calif area...

I want to collect some jacaranda blossoms and try them in a steam bath. Karen Diadick Casselman talks about a technique where you wrap leaves tightly in silk and steam them for 20 minutes to see what color you get. Hey, it's worth a try! (I'll use cotton tho) I'll also try them in a wrap-and-ferment technique. Gotta get this done before the blossoms are gone.

Carol Lee showed her results with avocados in the dyepot. They need to be soaked for at least 3 days if not longer. I'm so lucky to have 3 trees in the back yard- tho no fruit currently. Funny how the fruit disappears, without a fallen peel or chewed pit left behind. Maybe the neighbors will save me the peels and pits if I ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home